Today, more and more patients use mobile devices to manage their healthcare. 80% of adults online own a smartphone, 24% have used mobile payment apps to make a purchase, and 13% of millennials use smartphones for payment at least once each week. These numbers highlight opportunities for growth in healthcare collections.
In response to these trends, Apex has developed online billing and payment options for mobile customers. Packaged within the company’s mySecureBill software, Apex customers have the opportunity to enable mobile payments and offer text notification when the patient’s statement is ready to be paid.
Patients who choose to take advantage of this text feature receive text messages notifying them that their billing statements are ready to be paid and linking them to a mobile-friendly, mySecureBill one-time payment portal. It is important to note that these text messages are sent in addition to paper and/or e-statement delivery.
In addition to making bill presentment and payment convenient and easy for patients, this service also increases functionality by:
- Providing a current balance in mySecureBill through SSE connection
- Showing multiple guarantors tied to one myChart login on mySecureBill
- Utilizing other software platforms
- Matching balances from patient portals to mySecureBill
- Giving patients the ability to pay before statements are generated
- Reducing patient confusion on how much they owe
- Decreasing the likelihood of overpayments by patients
Click here to learn about all of Apex’s online billing and payment solutions.